Friday, August 3, 2012

Off to a good start

It's been another exciting day.


Well...The kid is in bed, still jumping around it, but in bed. The wife is on a pass tonight and in town and i'm chilling out at home on baby duty, so figured i'd update with what's been happening.

Yesterday and today have been pretty awesome. I've not really kicked off my campaign to get into the Commonwealth Games Wrestling Squad, i've been dabbling a bit with the gym, mainly sitting on the bike and just trying to shift a few pounds before the mental training starts, the diet has been pretty good the last couple of weeks and I haven't been eating any crap and i've been off the booze completely. 

Even though I haven't started yet things are starting to come together. I received my nutritional plan and diet yesterday - It looks pretty good, no starchy stuff and loads of veg. I've seen a lot worse, so it should be pretty easy to stick to. Could hit the wallet quite hard though! Yesterday I announced on facebook (obviously that makes it official) that I would be embarking on this quest and within hours of that I got offered a cheeky sponsorship deal with my mates company (Tysonfitness) to help with supplements. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say on things. Quite a few folk thought I was joking, but alas i'm not. I've been needing a goal for ages to get me back into shape and i've found it.

Today was pretty wicked, I took a trip down to the Loch Centre in Tranent of all places to watch Michael Cavanagh (Chairman, Commonwealth Games Scotland and former wrestler) deliver a session to the SRU age grade lads. It was awesome to watch and I got my first real taste of wrestling up close. There is a lot of cross over with Judo - happy days as my throws coach is a GB judo lad. Today was all about Tsuri - Goshi,  I learnt quite a bit and the chat was good afterwards. I should be getting in touch with Scottish Wrestling's performance director over the next couple of weeks (after the Olympics) to discuss the plan of action which is great news for me. 

This evening was good fun as well, I popped into Edinburgh and Caught up with Matt and Kev from Uni and bumped into my best mate from school Rich. Awesome to see all of them and was nice to hear their thoughts on my new venture, they all gave good support for me even trying to get to the CWG but honestly, I reckon its just to see me in lycra (bunch of perverts).

Thanks for your support so far. 






No comments:

Post a Comment